The coronavirus has taken a toll on the world. More than 29 million people have been affected by the deadly virus and the number is still increasing. There is still no rigid fact that could trace the source that led to this pandemic. We still lack proper vaccines for the coronavirus. In these tough situations of increasing spread and no vaccine, the only way to save ourselves from being attacked by the virus is by taking safety measures and by increasing the immune system.
Although washing hands and wearing masks and gloves is an important shield to protect us there is no surety that you won’t be affected by the virus if you take these measures. If we go according to the statement of WHO every person will catch coronavirus before the virus finally bids adieu to us. So the only way to recover from it or get mildly affected by it is increasing your immunity and there is no better place than home to start with it. Rather than taking extra pills and increasing your medications, home remedies should be your go-to method for increasing immunity.
Home Remedies to Boost Immunity System
Our immune system plays a vital role in safeguarding us from various diseases. It is a combination of various organs, cells, and proteins. To make our immune system strong, it is important to make the components that make up the immune system strong. Increasing the immune system isn’t a Neil Armstrong task. Small behavioral changes like not smoking, regular exercising, eating healthy food, eating fruits and vegetables, having adequate sleep, and maintaining the hygiene of our body can help increase the immune system. Various key points that aid to increase in the immune system are-
Daily Morning Walk: A Daily morning walk in the fresh air that allows your lungs to take in extra air. Deep breathing in the morning helps you inhale more air than normal to open clogged areas in your body.
Yoga: Doing yoga asanas and pranayama regularly builds a strong immune system of the body. It helps in the removal of toxins from the body, helps increase oxygenated blood, lowers stress hormones, and maintains balance amongst all other hormones as well which is a very important part to increase the immunity system.
Sleeping Schedule: Having good, uninterrupted sleep is an essential trait to increase the immune system. The pandemic followed by lockdown has disturbed our sleep schedules. People are either sleeping for just 2-3 hours or sleeping in the daytime for 12-14 hours which disturbs the functioning of our body.
Balance Diet: We have been taught since the start about how essential a balanced diet is. The deficiency of even one nutrient in the body can cause humongous problems.
There are certain herbs and foods as well that act as immunity boosters. A drink popularly called ‘Kada’ can be taken which has been an immunity booster for many households for ages.
How to Improve Immunity Naturally
A single medicine cannot help you boost your immunity. Any medication you take can affect you adversely. If someone is already taking medicines and takes immunity booster pills it might cause imbalance and excess pills in your body. Most infections will trigger automatic and adaptive immunity if you have been living a healthy lifestyle. It is best to increase immunity naturally than my medications that help you survive a few hours but make your body weak for the long term.
- Food rich in vitamin C is the most preferred since it increases the production of white cells in the body that help our body to fight against diseases.
- Gargling every morning with apple cider or hot water, sunbathing to take in Vitamin D, regularly exercising to maintain body weight, and washing hands to maintain the hygiene of our body are some natural immune-boosting steps.
What to Eat to Increase Immunity
From sipping hot water to having nutritious food every healthy habit contributes to improved immunity. Certain foods really help in improving our immune system.
- Yogurt, Amla, fruits like apple, pomegranate that increases hemoglobin, green leafy vegetables are your go-to foods to improve immunity.
- Food rich in vitamin C is the most preferred food type. Citrus fruits like grapefruit, oranges, and lemon are rich in vitamin C.
- Bell peppers, broccoli, spinach, ginger, garlic are rich in vitamins and have immune-boosting properties.
- Other foods are turmeric milk since turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and contains a derivative that has natural healing ability, Gilroy which is also called the root of immortality is an natural herb that has abundant medicinal properties. It has been proven to be the strongest natural herb to increase the immune system.